Trusting your own skills in front of the wheel is, without a doubt, a quality. But overestimating your expertise as drivers could lead you to be risky, and risk always leads to danger. Reckless and distracted driving in Virginia has resulted in several fatal accidents. As drivers, we must always try to keep our passengers and everyone on the road safe, which is why there are bad driving habits, such as reckless driving, which often appear without our noticing, and which we must start avoiding. Reckless driving in VA fine and penalties are significantly severe due to a considerable number of auto accidents due to reckless driving.
According to Virginia driving statute § 46.2-862. Exceeding Speed Limit, “An individual shall be guilty of the reckless driving offense who drives an auto vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth of Virginia (i) at a speed of 20 mph or more than the applicable highest speed limit or (ii) more than 80 mph irrespective of the applicable highest speed limit.”
As per the state traffic laws, reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor and carries the highest punishment of:
- $2500 as reckless driving in VA fine
- Six (6) DMV points
- Driver’s license suspension for six months
- Jail time for twelve months
These are the 6 most common bad driving habits. Do you recognize more than one? So be careful and start avoiding them in the following way:
- Not making signs. The driver is protected inside the car, neither the other drivers nor the pedestrians can know what the next move will be if we do not indicate them properly and in advance. Make your signs with the indicators of the car with at least 100 feet of anticipation. Try to maintain eye contact with pedestrians, especially at pedestrian crossings, in a patient and friendly manner, indicate them with your hand when they give way so that they can travel calmly and safely. Otherwise, due to speeding, stay prepared for reckless driving in VA fine and other severe penalties if a collision occurs.
- Not obeying traffic signals. The stop signs, the prohibition of parking, prohibition of “U” turn or similar, among other signs are ignored by many drivers who, in an excess of recklessness and self-confidence, think they can perform such maneuvers without risk. Serious error! The signals are made to be obeyed. And in addition to having to face the consequences of their risky acts before the law, the driver who has such bad habit puts at risk all the people on the road. Even recklessness towards traffic signal can result in heavy reckless driving in VA fine.
- Being distracted and reckless by what happens around the road is a very bad habit! Some drivers pay too much attention to observe accidents or events outside the road, dangerously slowing down so as not to lose detail. This bad habit not only puts everyone’s safety at risk but also causes traffic congestion.
If you are accused of reckless driving charges in Virginia, then you must retain a well-versed defense attorney as soon as possible in order to defend your rights and minimize reckless driving in VA fine.